Pep Guardiola rushed to Manchester Arena to find his family after terror attack

Pep Guardiola rushed to Manchester Arena to find his family after terror attack

Pep Guardiola has revealed he rushed to the Manchester Arena after losing contact with this family during last year’s terror attack.

On May 22 last year, 22 people were killed when a suicide bomber attacked a concert for American singer Ariana Grande.

Pep Guardiola's wife, Cristina Serra, and their two daughters, Valentina and Maria, were among 21,000 fans at the concert and the Spaniard says he lost contact his family in the immediate aftermath of the attack.

Pep Guardiola told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I was at home with my son and my wife and daughters were there. At the end we were lucky. Unfortunately [there were many] people who suffered.

"She called me but immediately the line broke. She told me, 'Something happened and we are running, but I don't know what happened,' and the line broke. We tried to call her again and it didn't work.

"We went to the arena. After five or six minutes she called me again and said, 'We are out, we are out'."

"I will be Mancunian for the rest of my life," he said.

Guardiola by signing a 3 year contract extension earlier this year says he has developed a strong bond with the city during his time in England.

"I will be a Manchester City fan and it will be impossible to train another team in England like Manchester City because I feel beloved from the people here.

"I like to do it better, to seduce them, to make a better club so they can believe we are strong enough to do better things, but all human beings want to be supported in the bad moments.

"That is why it is perfect."